[code] [textadept] Missing features in textadept-ncurses?

From: Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 00:50:38 +0000

Hi,

I've been looking into textadept as a more sensibly scriptable replacement
to vim, which I normally use in a terminal, so I've been trying out
textadept-ncurses. So far I like it, but may have to do some vi-style key
bindings for it. :-)

Two features which aren't available in the ncurses version which I miss,
and seem (to me) to be reasonably implementable:

* Window splitting - I use this all the time in vim
* Indicators. I can understand that rounded rectangles, alpha, etc. can't
be implemented, but it seems to me that simple rectangles can be
approximated with inverse text. I can get the desired visual effect by
using multiple selections, but the indicators support seems to be the
"right" way to do it.

Is there any plan to address these? Either way, I'd be interested in any
thoughts on reasons why it's hard, or pointers to the best way to do them
in textadept/scinterm in case I get time to give it a go sometime.

Best regards,

Chris