[code] [textadept] Hiding/closing the command entry

From: Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 22:45:09 +0000

Hi,

In textadept-ncurses I'm using gui.command_entry in a similar way to
filter_through.lua, by intercepting events.COMMAND_ENTRY_KEYPRESS and
events.COMMAND_ENTRY_COMMAND to do what I want.

Is it possible to programatically hide the command_entry again? It seems
to disappear if an ESC keypress passes through (after a delay, but I think
that's to do with terminal key handling). Can I make it disappear at other
times? gui.command_entry.focus() doesn't seem to have any effect (though
some comments suggest it does, at least in the non-ncurses build), and
neither does _G.buffer.focus() (in an attept to refocus the main buffer).

Best regards,

Chris