Re: [code] Re: [textadept] experimental spawn

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 19:03:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ryan,

On Tue, 19 Mar 2013, Ryan Pusztai wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 9:33 PM, mitchell <code.att.caladbolg.net> wrote:
>>
>> Robert,
>>

>>> Thanks! I managed to compile everything with an unchanged Lua, lpeg
>>> and lfs and the latest Scintilla from hg (2.22). I only had to use
>>> Catalogue.cxx from the old patched Scintillua.
>>> The spawn patch works now as well.
>>> Another question: there were lots of changes related to
>>> gui.statusbar_text. Should this work now within a key command?
>>

>> It does in latest hg. I accidentally used an 'if not' statement instead
> of just 'if' in my commit where I said it was fixed. Sorry about that.
>

> Is this still supported in TA 6.4? And does this work with LuaJit? When I
> download the .zip from the wiki [1] I get this error:
>
> error loading module 'os.spawn' from file
> '.../.textadept/modules/os/spawn.so':
> .../.textadept/modules/os/spawn.so: undefined symbol:
> lua_rawlen
>
> I am using the LuaJIT version of TA.

lspawn is still supported, but the binaries are compiled for Lua 5.2.
Since you are on Linux, it should not be hard to compile for LuaJIT.
Looking at the code, the changes you'd have to make include:

lspawn.c:
   * Add "#define lua_rawlen lua_objlen" in the #includes area.

Makefile:
   * Line 3: change ta_src to your ta source directory.
   * Line 60: change lua/src to luajit/src.