Re: [code] Re: [textadept] experimental spawn

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 00:59:08 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ryan,

On Thu, 21 Mar 2013, Ryan Pusztai wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 7:03 PM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ryan,
>
> lspawn is still supported, but the binaries are compiled for Lua 5.2. Since
>> you are on Linux, it should not be hard to compile for LuaJIT. Looking at
>> the code, the changes you'd have to make include:
>>
>> lspawn.c:
>> * Add "#define lua_rawlen lua_objlen" in the #includes area.
>>
>> Makefile:
>> * Line 3: change ta_src to your ta source directory.
>> * Line 60: change lua/src to luajit/src.
>

> This worked great. It now loads.
>
> I am now trying to launch make and have it's output shown in a [Message
> Buffer]. I am launching it from a context menu and a keyboard shortcut. I
> have added the code that I am using, but the issue is that it seems like
> the spawn is stopping right away and not continuing after a single file is
> told to build by make. Do you have any ideas how to add Make support to TA?

After looking into this, there's a bug in the stderr callback. This is
fixed in hg[1] and on the wiki[2] in a new release. However, I'm getting
an error from running 'make':

   gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1': execvp: No such file or directory
   g++: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory

I'll have to look into this more because I'm not sure what the issue is.
The child process should inherit the parent's shell ENV.

Mitchell

[1]: http://foicica.com/hg/lspawn
[2]: http://foicica.com/wiki/lspawn