Re: [code] [textadept] lspawn 0.3

From: Robert <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 20:42:21 +0100

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 8:13 PM, Ryan Pusztai <rpusztai.att.gmail.com> wrote:
> Also do you think there is a reason to run TA using LuaJIT? Does it have any
> benefits. I just figured it would open, close, and load larger files (< 1MB)
> faster. Is that not the case?

A while ago I (unscientifically) tested start-up times with lots of
files open, I just re-did this with some 30 Lua files.
On OS X: time open -W Textadept.app --args -e 'quit()'
I get ~8 seconds with Lua, and ~5 seconds with the LuaJIT version.

I think otherwise there won't be much difference (except if you want
to use Lua modules that use LuaJIT's FFI).