[code] Jumping to a line from the command line

From: Michael Richter <ttmrichter.att.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 16:43:10 +0800

For purposes of integration with a development environment, I'd like to be
able to jump to a given line upon opening a file. I tried the following
code with no success:

textadept --force --execute '_G.buffer:goto_line(21)' my_file

*Within* a running instance this works (except that it goes to line 22 for
some reason) so I tried adding the following to my init.lua:

function my_goto_line(line)
> _G.buffer:goto_line(line - 1)
> end
> args.register('-J', '--JUMP', 1, my_goto_line, 'Jump to line')

The -J/--JUMP option shows up when I do --help from the command line, but
actually using it accomplishes nothing.

Is there any way to get this to work from the command line?