[code] [textadept] goto_line and retina displays

From: John Benediktsson <mrjbq7.att.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 10:00:30 -0700

Hi,

We recently received a contribution[1] to the Factor programming language
that provided integration with Textadept (to be able to easily edit a
function by loading its definition into the Textadept editor).

It required manually defining a "jump-to-line" command-line argument to the
users init.lua file (to load the file containing the definition and then
configure the editor to position the cursor on the first line of its
definition):

    function my_goto_line(line)
        _G.buffer:goto_line(line - 1)
    end
    args.register('-J', '--JUMP', 1, my_goto_line, 'Jump to line')

It would be nice if this feature (with similar or different command-line
arguments) would be added to the base editor.

Also, Textadept doesn't seem to support high-resolution "retina" displays
on OS X and looks a bit blurry on the latest Macbook Pros. I tried the
recently released 6.5 also and it is the same - wondering if you have plans
to address this.

Thanks,
John.

---