[code] Possible callback used to manipulate items in gui.filteredlist() and io.snapopen()

From: Ryan Pusztai <rpusztai.att.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 17:22:30 -0400

Hi Mitchell,

I am wondering how I can make my paths shorter by using the unix style '~'
in replacement to the full path to files that appear in the snapopen and
filteredlist dialogs. This idea is not new. I got the idea from the
"common" library [1] and love it, so I used to copy the snapopen() module
functioins into my own modified display_filename.lua file. This leads to
the functions getting out of date and may need updates for every release.
Is there a better way? Maybe...

I was wondering if you had any thoughts of ways to make this happen.
Possibly making the functions gui.filteredlist() and io.snapopen() take a
callback. The callback function would take the displayed text and returns a
manipulated string. This would allow users to do simple and complex things
to the items displayed.

Do you think this is possible? If so can those features be added to TA?

--
Regards,
Ryan