Re: [code] [textadept] goto_line and retina displays

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 01:00:07 -0400 (EDT)

Hi John,

On Mon, 1 Apr 2013, John Benediktsson wrote:

>> You should be able to craft a similar arg string like:
>>
>> /path/to/ta -f [file] -e "goto_line(10 - 1)"
>>

> That works nicely, thank you!
>

>> It seems that if you edit your Textadept.app/Contents/Info.**plist to
>> add[1]
>>
>> <key>NSHighResolutionCapable</**key>
>> <true/>
>>
>> then Retina support is enabled. Could somebody verify that for me? If so
>> I'll add it to the build.
>>

> That is partially true, it makes the interface elements (status bar, scroll
> bars, etc.) use high resolution display (so you should add it to the build,
> please!), but the main editing component is still blurry.
>
> I read somewhere you use Scintilla which seems to have included retina
> support in version 3.2.2[1], but perhaps you have to enable it, dunno.

That was for the Scintilla Cocoa platform, not the GTK platform Textadept
uses. However, I applied this changeset[1] to gtk/PlatGTK.cxx and rebuilt.
Please unzip the attached file and move the textadept.osx executable into
Textadept.app/Contents/MacOS, replacing the old one and test if the
resolution is better. Please let me know.

[1]: http://sourceforge.net/p/scintilla/code/ci/ef64a698e9be460484ad294608dafa1e336a2488/