Re: [code] [textadept] goto_line and retina displays

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 10:43:07 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi John,

On Tue, 2 Apr 2013, John Benediktsson wrote:

>> That was for the Scintilla Cocoa platform, not the GTK platform Textadept
>> uses. However, I applied this changeset[1] to gtk/PlatGTK.cxx and rebuilt.
>> Please unzip the attached file and move the textadept.osx executable into
>> Textadept.app/Contents/MacOS, replacing the old one and test if the
>> resolution is better. Please let me know.
>>

> Unfortunately, it does not improve things, you can see a screenshot:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/OzZfNmX.png
>
> I would love to be able to troubleshoot this, but I see that compiling on
> OS X is not supported? I have access to some linux machines if you could
> help me with instructions on generating OS X binaries from a linux
> installation.

You can still compile on OSX, but it's a long an convoluted process[1].
If you have Ubuntu >= 10.10, you can install the cross-apple package[2],
download my GTK-OSX binaries package[2], and follow the instructions[3].

Make sure you downloaded the 6.5 source package. Hopefully it's as simple
as it sounds.

[1]: http://foicica.com/textadept/12_Compiling.html#Compiling.on.OSX..Legacy.
[2]: http://foicica.com/textadept/12_Compiling.html#Mac.OSX
[3]: http://foicica.com/textadept/12_Compiling.html#Cross.Compiling.for.Mac.OSX