Re: [code] [textadept] How to set "bright" ansi colors as background color in curses mode?

From: Peter Kazmier <pete.att.kazmier.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 22:56:49 -0500

On Apr 2, 2013, at 10:36 PM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> Your solution is very clever. I tried something very similar last night when investigating the problem, but gave up when my terminal's COLOR_PAIRS was only 64, not 256 like yours. The only thing I can think of is that BRBLACK might not be 8 in your terminal. Perhaps debugging in ScintillaTerm::DrawTextNoClip() will help you determine what term_color_pair(fore, back) is returning.

Thanks! I'll debug tomorrow morning when I wake up before work. I hacked that together very quickly tonight after dinner so there's a good chance I have a typo somewhere. I'll also take your suggestion for debugging.

> This is cool, I'm very interested to implement this when I get 256 COLOR_PAIRS term to test with.

"export TERM=xterm-16color" seems to do the trick for most terminals that I've used: Putty, iTerm, etc ...