Re: [code] [textadept] How to set "bright" ansi colors as background color in curses mode?

From: Peter Kazmier <pete.att.kazmier.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 06:56:48 -0500

Hi Mitchell,

On Apr 2, 2013, at 10:36 PM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
>> Now all I need to do is figure out what is mucking with the background of all my characters. Any quick ideas? Maybe I need to check view.lua and buffer.lua in the theme directory too. I realized I have not done that.
>>

> Your solution is very clever. I tried something very similar last night when investigating the problem, but gave up when my terminal's COLOR_PAIRS was only 64, not 256 like yours. The only thing I can think of is that BRBLACK might not be 8 in your terminal. Perhaps debugging in ScintillaTerm::DrawTextNoClip() will help you determine what term_color_pair(fore, back) is returning.

I figured it out ... I needed to redefine your SCI_COLOR_PAIR macro to return a unique value between the range of 1 and 256 with the expanded color set:

#define SCI_COLOR_PAIR(f, b) ((b) * 16 + (f) + 1)

With that, it's working great. Now I can tune my terminal solarized theme to my heart's content! I'm not sure how best to incorporate the code into your codebase as I imagine you'd want to test to see if a terminal has 8 or 16 color support.

Here is a screenshot with everything working correctly:

http://www.kazmier.com/~kaz/textadept2.png

Pete