Re: [code] [textadept] retina displays

From: John Benediktsson <mrjbq7.att.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 06:51:30 -0700

Hi Mitchell,

> Thanks for your efforts. Perhaps asking the Scintilla mailing list could
> lead you somewhere.

SUCCESS!

I asked on the Scintilla mailing list, and it turns out you need to disable
Scintilla's buffering (something the cocoa backend also does). The
buffering interferes by rendering into (what is on a retina display) a
half-resolution bitmap.

```
void ScintillaGTK::Initialise() {
    // Tell Scintilla not to buffer: Quartz buffers drawing for us.
    WndProc(SCI_SETBUFFEREDDRAW, 0, 0);
```

In addition to the NSHighResolutionCapable change to Info.plist, I believe
this is the only patch necessary against the Scintillla GTK backend (the
previous patch[1] seems unnecessary since LogPixelsY already returns 72?).

If this approach looks good to you, I'd love to test another binary for you
when you get some time.

Best,
John.

[1]: http://sourceforge.net/p/**scintilla/code/ci/**