Re: [code] [textadept] retina displays

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 10:07:16 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013, John Benediktsson wrote:

>> Yay! In Textadept.app/Contents/**Resources/themes/light/view.**lua, or
>> the view.lua in whatever theme you have, please uncomment the
>>
>> --buffer.buffered_draw = false
>>
>> line and see if that works with an unpatched Scintilla.
>>
>> If it does that would be fantastic!
>

> Yep, uncomment that line and make sure NSHighResolutionCapable is set to
> true and it works great.
>
> (I downloaded and tested using your 6.5 release binary)

Perfect! Now I wonder if there is a way to programatically detect a retina
display from within Lua (e.g. io.open some file that says "yes" or "1", or
lfs.attributes some file that exists only on retina Macs, etc.)

Do you have access to a non-retina Mac? I wonder if you could check if
turning off buffered_draw will cause any flickering or undesirable side
effects. Perhaps if OSX is detected, buffered_draw should be off by
default.

Thanks for all of your help!