Re: [code] [textadept] retina displays

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 00:01:27 -0400 (EDT)

Hi John,

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013, John Benediktsson wrote:

>> Giving that retina displays are awfully recent, it would be a step
>> backwards in technology if they didn't include any kind of detection that
>> could be done like that. I'm sure there must be a file, someone should get
>> in touch with Mac developers, one of them might know.
>>

> True, and Gtk-OSX supports it in the quartz backend (as does
> ScintillaCocoa), if you want to see what people do, here's an example[1]
> from Chromium:
>
> [snip]
>
> The question that is difficult is detecting it
> a) from Lua, and b) once per-application (which isn't the right way to
> do it).

You know, I missed the comment in your original post that Quartz buffers
drawing for us, so there is likely no harm in disabling buffered_draw on
OSX, retina or not. Sorry about that. This will be in the next release.

Thank you John! Because of you, ta supports retina displays now :) Now
`buffer.rgba_image_scale` is useful.