Re: [code] [textadept] key bindings for GUI-version same as on ncurses?

From: Robert <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 11:47:58 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Al Zatv <al.zatv.att.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
> I'm using Linux, and I want exactly the same experience on GUI and TUI
> editors, that's why I'm asking. Looks like I will have to make such key
> bindings by myself? What will be easier -- to take ncurses bindings as the
> basis for both and change the binding which are broken on gtk, or the
> opposite?

I think it depends which short cuts are more important for you. If you
like to have the movement command like ctrl-f, ctrl-a, ctrl-e, ctrl-n
etc. I'd start with the Curses keybindings, if similarity to default
keybindings like ctrl-a for 'select all' the start with these.

Looking at
http://foicica.com/textadept/api/_M.textadept.keys.html
I don't think there is much difference in necessary changes either way.

Robert