Re: [code] [textadept] key bindings for GUI-version same as on ncurses?

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 08:45:49 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi!

On Fri, 5 Apr 2013, Al Zatv wrote:

> Hello!
> I'm using Linux, and I want exactly the same experience on GUI and TUI
> editors, that's why I'm asking. Looks like I will have to make such key
> bindings by myself? What will be easier -- to take ncurses bindings as the
> basis for both and change the binding which are broken on gtk, or the
> opposite?

I would go with curses bindings as a basis and match GTK to them. This is
what do[1]. With curses, you cannot do combinations like
Ctrl+Shift+letter, and other combinations might not be available either
depending on your terminal. However, keep in mind that Alt+letter may open
up the menu in GTK, so you might want to disable menu mnemonics, either
through GTK itself or by changing your locale.conf to remove the '_'s.

[1]: http://foicica.com/hg/.textadept/file/2569961300d3/modules/textadept/keys.lua