Re: [code] [textadept] Missing features in textadept-ncurses?

From: Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 23:21:05 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 12:29:53AM -0500, Mitchell wrote:
> Scinterm now supports INDIC_ROUNDBOX and INDIC_STRAIGHTBOX (but
> without translucent drawing and rounded corners) in hg[1].
>
> Textadept hg[2] takes advantage of it now if you'd like an example.

Thanks again!

I got it working (once I worked out that markers fill the line if the
marker column width is zero!).

One thing that's a bit strange is that the foreground colour of text using
the indicators isn't consistent, and sometimes is the same colour as the
box, so unreadable. Would it be possible to control the foreground colour
(which I realise doesn't exactly fit with the "draw a box" API), or at
least make sure the foreground colour contrasts?

I've attached some screenshots showing the effect:

textadept_indic_none.png:
  The plain buffer

textadept_indic_local.png:
  Highlighting "local" using highlight_word(). The different instances
  have different foreground colours. In general it's not an alternating
  pattern - I've had different visible colours in some cases.

And it may or not be related, but I noticed that highlight_word() didn't
work on "local" in this file if it was on line 1
(textadept_highlight_word_issue.png).

Best regards,

Chris