Re: [code] [textadept] Missing features in textadept-ncurses?

From: Pete Kazmier <pete.att.kazmier.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 17:54:27 -0500

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 5:40 PM, Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 06, 2013 at 11:21:05PM +0100, Chris Emerson wrote:
> > One thing that's a bit strange is that the foreground colour of text
> using
> > the indicators isn't consistent, and sometimes is the same colour as the
> > box, so unreadable.
>
> I just spotted the pattern: the colour of the text inside the box is the
> same as the last character on that line.

I see the same (the two locals in the middle of the tablex.sort definition
for example):

http://www.kazmier.com/~kaz/textadept3.png

On a related note, how hard would it be to highlight matching words when
using the find functions (incremental search, etc ...)? Or is this already
supported?

Chris, how are your vim findings coming along? I'm about to start with my
emacs bindings now that I've got emacs-style numeric prefixes working (see
my post re: keyboard junkies). How are you dealing without split windows in
ncurses version? Like you, I prefer working in the terminal (I love tmux)
and I also use slitting frequently in emacs so I'm unsure how I'll deal
with it. Right now, the lack of my emacs key bindings is preventing me from
using it, but I'm hoping to get these done soon. One more question, have
you figured out how to make Esc cancel out of commands and dialogs faster?
Right now, I feel like it pauses for about a second or two which is an
eternity for a keyboard junkie like me. I'd prefer to map ctl-g to be the
global cancel, but I don't think this will be possible as textadept defers
dialogs to gtdialog which I'm going to guess is hardcoded with esc.

Pete