Re: [code] [textadept] Missing features in textadept-ncurses?

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 22:13:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Pete,

On Sat, 6 Apr 2013, Pete Kazmier wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 5:40 PM, Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Apr 06, 2013 at 11:21:05PM +0100, Chris Emerson wrote:
>>> One thing that's a bit strange is that the foreground colour of text
>> using
>>> the indicators isn't consistent, and sometimes is the same colour as the
>>> box, so unreadable.
>>
>> I just spotted the pattern: the colour of the text inside the box is the
>> same as the last character on that line.
>>

> I see the same (the two locals in the middle of the tablex.sort definition
> for example):
>
> http://www.kazmier.com/~kaz/textadept3.png
>
> On a related note, how hard would it be to highlight matching words when
> using the find functions (incremental search, etc ...)? Or is this already
> supported?

This is not supported, but you can do this yourself by connecting to the
`_G.events.FIND` event and reading from the `gui.find.find_entry_text` and
`gui.find.match_case`, `gui.find.whole_word`, etc. options to perform
searching and matching yourself.

> [snip]
> One more question, have
> you figured out how to make Esc cancel out of commands and dialogs faster?
> Right now, I feel like it pauses for about a second or two which is an
> eternity for a keyboard junkie like me. I'd prefer to map ctl-g to be the
> global cancel, but I don't think this will be possible as textadept defers
> dialogs to gtdialog which I'm going to guess is hardcoded with esc.

You can tap 'Escape' twice in rapid succession to cancel out of dialogs. I
do not have a workaround for the delay since this seems to be built into
ncurses to allow for interpretation of manually entered escape sequences.
Please let me know if you find a workaround.