[code] [textadept] Temporarily change caret policy while searching?

From: Pete Kazmier <pete.att.kazmier.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 01:18:31 -0500

Hi Mitchell,

I've been playing around with the various caret policies in an effort to
figure out how to get incremental searching to center the display when the
next matched item is out of view. I can set it to 24 (EVEN | JUMPS), which
works great while searching, but I prefer 13 (default in the term theme)
for normal use.

I was going to hack find.lua to change the policy before the view is
scrolled and then reset it to what it's value was afterwards. The only
problem is that I can't figure out how to get the current setting. Any
ideas? Does this bother you too?

Thanks!
Pete