[code] [textadept] Call tip background colors?

From: Peter Kazmier <pete.att.kazmier.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 11:00:32 -0500

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying to set a style for call tips. I've configured `buffer.call_tip_use_style = 1`, which will use the `style_calltip` from the lexer configuration. This works as one would expect, mostly. To make this readily apparent in my screenshot below, here is my style config:

l.style_calltip = style{fore = l.colors.base00, back = l.colors.base3 }

base00 is a dark gray and base3 is a white. What I'm finding is that the background color is honored only if there is no text at that position. But if there is text, then the background color defaults to 'black' (0x000000).

http://www.kazmier.com/~kaz/textadept4.png

I also tried to configure the colors without the lexer style config using the explicit `buffer.call_tip_back` and `buffer.call_tip_fore`, but it leads to the exact same issue.

Thanks!
Pete