[code] [textadept] is there a way to select a rectangle between the anchor and another point?

From: Pete Kazmier <pete.att.kazmier.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 23:31:17 -0500

Trying to emulate emacs-style rectangle commands. Is there a buffer
function to select_rectangle(pos_a, pos_b)? I'm trying to emulate
emacs-style rectangle commands where you press ctl-space and then move
somewhere else to execute a command which will take effect on the
rectangular region.

I'm sure I could use the new mode feature in key bindings to swap all
normal navigational movements to their corresponding rect versions when a
user presses ctl-space (like emacs set-mark command), but I was hoping to
be able to use the same key binding to simply record any specific position
in the buffer as I have defined bindings to cut/copy between the current
pos and saved position (I call set_sel before invoking cut/copy). It
doesn't look like scintilla supports a corresponding set_rect_sel unless
I'm missing something.

Thanks,
Pete