Re: [code] [textadept] Function keys F2 on Mac OS X doesn't work

From: Robert <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 17:30:28 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Patrick Gundlach <patrick.att.gundla.ch> wrote:
> Hello Robert,
>
>> You can of course redefine these commands, e.g. for Command-2
>> keys['m2'] = m_bookmarks.toggle
>
> that works, although I had to use the syntax keys['m2'] = _M.textadept.bookmarks.toggle.

sorry, you're right of course -- throwing in a
local m_bookmarks = m_textadept.bookmarks
is a common pattern for shortening assignments and local caching.

>> Maybe a later GTK version will fix this.

> I hope!

Mitchell,
should Textadept maybe avoid Fn-key short cuts? Or have different ones
by default on Mac?
I also noticed that pressing fn-shift-f1 is not blocked?

John
you recently compiled Textadept on OS X, can you try if the fn-keys
with this (presumably) current build?