Re: [code] [textadept] Key Modes

From: Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 11:42:11 +0100

Mitchell,

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 01:11:31PM -0400, Mitchell wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Apr 2013, Chris Emerson wrote:
> >Unfortunately this also forces keys.MODE to nil, but I'd like to control
> >which mode it goes to.
>
> I don't have an issue committing this, but because of how CDK works,
> if the key is not Esc, the command entry will not hide. If you can
> patch either CDK or ta to behave properly, that would be the best in
> terms of complementing the patch.

Some clarification - I'm happy with ESC hiding the command entry. But I
want to control keys.MODE after hiding it, rather than going back to
keys.MODE == nil. I might also want to do other processing, such as saving
the contents of the command_entry at that point. So with the patch
mentioned my handler would call the gui_ce.enter_mode(nil) and then change
keys.MODE back to how I like it.

Regards,

Chris