Re: [code] How to get GCC compiler errors to work

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 18:12:38 -0400 (EDT)

Ryan,

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013, Ryan Pusztai wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 5:02 PM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
>>
>> Technically _M.textadept.run.cwd is not read-only, so you can try setting
>> it in your RunMake() function. Let me know if that works.
>>

> Not quite because GCC/Make doesn't output the full file path. It generates
> it relative to the currently running makefile. I have a top level Makefile
> that runs "sub-makefiles" in other subdirectories.
>
> [snip]
>
> Output from makefiles:
> Mobius_Utils/formats/StaticCyclicSequence.cpp:43:63: error: ‘class......
>
> when double-clicking it uses:
> ~/projects/my_project/Mobius_Utils/formats/StaticCyclicSequence.cpp
>
> should actually be:
>
> ~/projects/my_project/mobius/Mobius_Utils/formats/StaticCyclicSequence.cpp

I think in your case it is nearly impossible to recognize what a path is
relative to after the fact when there are a number of possibilities. Is
there a CFLAGS or CXXFLAGS that you can pass to gcc/g++ such that they
output full paths? I think that is your best bet.

> P.S. I also noticed that I needed to end the CWD with a path separator. Not
> sure if that is expected or fixed for you in TA internals.

Yes, the trailing dir separator is always present and expected.