Re: [code] How to get GCC compiler errors to work

From: Ryan Pusztai <rpusztai.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 15:11:59 -0400

Hi Mitchel and Chris,

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 4:55 AM, Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org>wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 06:12:38PM -0400, Mitchell wrote:
> > On Fri, 19 Apr 2013, Ryan Pusztai wrote:
> > >Not quite because GCC/Make doesn't output the full file path. It
> generates
> > >it relative to the currently running makefile. I have a top level
> Makefile
> > >that runs "sub-makefiles" in other subdirectories.
> > >
> > >[snip]
> > >
> > >Output from makefiles:
> > > Mobius_Utils/formats/StaticCyclicSequence.cpp:43:63: error:
> ‘class......
> > >
> > >when double-clicking it uses:
> > > ~/projects/my_project/Mobius_Utils/formats/StaticCyclicSequence.cpp
> > >
> > >should actually be:
> > >

> >~/projects/my_project/mobius/Mobius_Utils/formats/StaticCyclicSequence.cpp
> >
> > I think in your case it is nearly impossible to recognize what a
> > path is relative to after the fact when there are a number of
> > possibilities. Is there a CFLAGS or CXXFLAGS that you can pass to
> > gcc/g++ such that they output full paths? I think that is your best
> > bet.
>
> make normally also outputs lines of the form:
>
> make: Entering directory `/home/blah/foo'
> [... submake output ...]
> make: Leaving directory `home/blah/foo'
>
> which vim at least uses to solve this problem.

I am using Premake4 to generate project files and it does not output the
"entering" output. I can get it to show the entire command-line, but the
error messages from GCC are only showing the files relative to the Makefile.
So my question is: Can I do my own thing when the double-click on an
error occurs, from inside my '.../cpp/post_init.lua' file?

I am assuming I can because at this point TextAdept is AMAZING and can do
anything :) Just wondering the event to connect to. It was not obvious to
me.
I am thinking about possibly searching for the file from the CWD down. Any
other ideas? Thoughts?

--
Regards,
Ryan