Re: [code] [textadept] Users of gui.select_theme()

From: Ryan Pusztai <rpusztai.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 16:04:43 -0400

Hi Mitchell,

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm contemplating removing `gui.select_theme()` and just putting it on the
> wiki or something. I'm not sure why I added it in the first place. It
> seemed to be introduced in 4.3. Perhaps it was to help cater to newbies
> that didn't like the default theme. Anyway, this is kind of a one-time API
> call to make when starting out and doesn't seem justified to be there
> full-time. `gui.set_theme` will of course remain for on-the-fly theme
> switching. I just don't think a hand-holding switcher dialog is necessary.
>
> Thoughts? Objections? Affirmations?

I actually use it occasionally. I use it because dark themes, which is my
main preference, don't show up on wall projectors all that well. And it is
temporary so I switch back after I am done displaying the code using the
wall projector. I think the code is in there and my vote would be to leave
it.

--
Regards,
Ryan