Re: [code] Kudos

From: Robert <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 20:11:10 +0200

Hi Sandeep

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM, Sandeep Datta <datta.sandeep.att.gmail.com> wrote:
[..]
> However I do have a few requests to make to help improve my workflow with
> Textadept...

For two of your questions and I can give you some pointers.

> 1. Invoking the find bar by pressing Ctrl+F does not copy the currently
> highlighted text to the find textbox (as is the norm in editors these days)

This has been requested before, you can put this snippet in your init.lua:
http://foicica.com/lists/textadept_archive/201112/2211.html
If nothing is selected, the word under the caret is put in the find
box, you can overwrite it if necessary. If something is selected the
whole selection is put in the find box.

> 2. I am missing the ability to use regular expressions for search. I
> understand keeping the code size to a minimum is a important goal for this
> project. But is it possible for you to provide an API for using external
> search and replace algorithms? If you already have kindly point me towards
> some documentation.

Mitchell put a script on the Wiki, that lets you use Scintilla's
built-in regex engine.
http://foicica.com/wiki/regex-searches

You can also use external tools like ack or grep with Textadept, here
is something I build a while ago:
http://rgieseke.github.io/ta-common/ack.html