Re: [code] Customization questions and building curses version on Windows

From: Robert <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 15:06:58 +0200

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:48 PM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
>> Tried to set USERHOME environment variable both in msys and from a
>> standard
>> Windows command prompt. It doesn't seem to find the files in
>> \mingw\msys\home\lm directory. I tried putting an init.lua file and a
>> theme_term file at \mingw\msys\home\lm\.textadept. Doesn't seem to be
>> reading these files.
>
> Textadept uses C's `getenv()` function (via Lua's `os.getenv()`), so I'm not
> sure what could be going wrong here. You can always pass the '-u
> USERHOME_path' command line switch to manually set `_USERHOME`.

Since this is on Windows '.textadept' might be below the directory set
n the USERPROFILE environment variable
(http://foicica.com/hg/textadept/file/cbdb07662f35/core/args.lua#l90,
http://foicica.com/textadept/api/_G.html#_USERHOME).
I don't know how this is handled with Mingw though.

>> Are there any additional examples of key customization or setting up a
>> lighter color theme for textadept curses version? Any other good documents
>> on how to customize textadept other than what's at the wiki?
>

> The manual gives some examples on the preferences page. The wiki points to
> users' *.textadept* directories that you can peruse. I myself completely
> remapped my keys[1]. I cannot think of anywhere else.

Searching on GitHub or Bitbucket might also give you some pointers:
https://github.com/search?q=textadept&type=Repositories&s=updated
https://bitbucket.org/repo/all?name=textadept