Re: [code] Re: Customization questions and building curses version on Windows

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 20:00:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Laura,

On Thu, 9 May 2013, LM wrote:

> On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM, Mitchell wrote:
>

>> I'm impressed you were able to get it to build on Win32 since I only
>> support cross-compiling from Linux. Well done!
>

> Mostly needed some changes to the makefile plus a few other minor things.
> If anyone's interested, I can share my patches and build steps. Was very
> impressed with how portable textadept is. It's much easier to get it to
> build on Windows than a program like nano.

I would like to see them. Even though I don't plan on officially
supporting native compiling on Win32, I'd like to see if I can incorporate
those patches to make things easier for you and others that are feeling
ambitious. Perhaps I can post the instructions on the wiki too.

> Unfortunately I see that my patch for it is not in the source release... I
>> ended up editing pdckbd.c's `kptab` table. I can send it later today in a
>> separate e-mail if you are interested.
>>

> Would be very interested in seeing it. Is there any place you can upload
> it to? Gmail seems to have a tendency to eat posts sometimes when source
> code or attachments get sent.

I've created a win32curses.zip package[1], much like the GTK+ for OSX
bundle[2]. I've also attached the pdckbd.c file in that archive in case
that might work.

[1]: http://foicica.com/textadept/download/win32curses.zip
[2]: http://foicica.com/textadept/12_Compiling.html#Mac.OSX