Re: [code] Feature request: post_init.lua for themes

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 20:22:37 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Michael,

On Thu, 9 May 2013, Michael Richter wrote:

> I want to use a theme, but I want to change the font. The current process
> is to copy all the theme files into my local ~/.textadept hierarchy and
> edit them there. This means that if they change in a future version that I
> have to merge in any changes.
>
> What I'd really like to see is a post_init.lua file for themes that allows
> me to make overriding changes without modifying the default themes. Is
> this doable or is there some kind of technical reason preventing this?

I think that I'd like to have this too, or at least change up the theme
implementation to make it more intuitive. I'll look into this, but it
could take some time.

In the meantime, as Robert mentioned, hooking into language-specific
module's `set_buffer_properties()` works for changing buffer theme
settings and hooking into `events.VIEW_NEW` works for changing view theme
settings. There is no way to do this in the color theme due to its
separate Lua state and no knowledge of `_USERHOME/themes/`.