[code] [textadept] Non-ASCII text entry in curses

From: Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 00:21:53 +0100

Hi,

I may be missing something, but I can't seem to enter a British pound sign in
textadept-curses. Everything's set to UTF-8 (locale, the buffer encoding,
the terminal), and I get a keycode 163 (which is right - it's U+00A3) in both
the GTK and curses versions, but in textadept-curses it inserts two characters
each of which looks blank and takes up 3 spaces on screen. When the cursor
is over the first one it temporarily shows an inverse-video "M-#", and trying
to save a buffer with this in gives the error:

.../core/file_io.lua:241: conversion failed

On the other hand, I can load a file containing pound signs and they display
and re-save fine.

Regards,

Chris