Re: [code] [textadept] Non-ASCII text entry in curses

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 08:46:43 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Chris,

On Sun, 12 May 2013, Chris Emerson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I may be missing something, but I can't seem to enter a British pound sign in
> textadept-curses. Everything's set to UTF-8 (locale, the buffer encoding,
> the terminal), and I get a keycode 163 (which is right - it's U+00A3) in both
> the GTK and curses versions, but in textadept-curses it inserts two characters
> each of which looks blank and takes up 3 spaces on screen. When the cursor
> is over the first one it temporarily shows an inverse-video "M-#", and trying
> to save a buffer with this in gives the error:
>
> .../core/file_io.lua:241: conversion failed
>
> On the other hand, I can load a file containing pound signs and they display
> and re-save fine.

I have never tested unicode input in the terminal version (mainly because
I don't know how to do it). I'll look into this when I get the chance, but
it is low priority. If you find anything, please let me know. The place to
look is around textadept.c:2357 and see which key(s) end up being sent to
`focused_view` on line 2371.