Re: [code] [textadept] Easy entry of ISO-Latin-1 characters with Textadept

From: Robert <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 08:43:19 +0200

Hi Richard,

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM, Richard Philips
<richard.philips.att.gmail.com> wrote:
> - Yes, I could use the actual UTF-8 encodings,
> but I try to put all my code in ASCII ;-)
> This could change: Textadept works very well with UTF-8
I see. With Python (which you mentioned in your first mail) this can
be tricky at times.

> - There is a link in the 'Snippets' section on the main page.

I moved this to 'Misc' - even though this is of course a snippet of
code, 'snippets' in Textadept refers to the snippets functionality
which lets you expand text.

Some more thoughts on your function:
Maybe one could make the Mnemos longer, e.g.
'a-' for 'á', 'ae' for 'æ', '.ret' for '¶'. This would make it easier
to use keyboard-only.