[code] how to find the meta key?

From: Simon <simonhf.att.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 10:57:43 -0700

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 11:36 PM, Robert <rob.g.att.web.de> wrote:

> >> What kind? Lua completion in the command entry works.
> >
> > In TA then I can just type in e.g.:
> > foo
> > bar
> > foobar
> > fo<ctrl-enter>
> >
> In the Curses version this is Meta-Enter by default. (So most likely
> Alt-Enter.) If this doesn't work you can try redefining it, in the
> command entry (Meta-c in Curses -- or for permanence add it in your
> init.lua) you can redefine it:
> keys['c '] = _M.textadept.editing.autocomplete_word
> would assign this to Ctrl-Space.

I've tried running TAN using SecureCRT, terminal, and plain old xterm, all
on Ubuntu 12.10. I've tried every combination of shift, ctrl, and alt for
Meta-c, Meta-M, and Meta-Space. Nothing seems to work. Is this a bug or why
is it so difficult? How can I find out what TAN thinks is the Meta key
combination?

--
Simon