Re: [code] how to find the meta key?

From: Robert <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 20:17:16 +0200

Hi Simon,

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 7:57 PM, Simon <simonhf.att.gmail.com> wrote:
> I've tried running TAN using SecureCRT, terminal, and plain old xterm, all
> on Ubuntu 12.10. I've tried every combination of shift, ctrl, and alt for
> Meta-c, Meta-M, and Meta-Space. Nothing seems to work. Is this a bug or why
> is it so difficult? How can I find out what TAN thinks is the Meta key
> combination?

in the default terminal on Ubuntu 12.10 'Alt' as curses meta key works
for me. You could uncomment the print-statement in core/keys.lua
(http://foicica.com/hg/textadept/file/e70a0b51f36b/core/keys.lua#l243)
and check the output.
Meta(alt)-c gives
99 nil false false true nil
for me.
So 'alt' is true. Printing this will make your curses window look
weird of course.