Re: [code] how to find the meta key?

From: Simon <simonhf.att.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 11:28:31 -0700

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Robert <rob.g.att.web.de> wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 7:57 PM, Simon <simonhf.att.gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've tried running TAN using SecureCRT, terminal, and plain old xterm,
all
> > on Ubuntu 12.10. I've tried every combination of shift, ctrl, and alt
for
> > Meta-c, Meta-M, and Meta-Space. Nothing seems to work. Is this a bug or
why
> > is it so difficult? How can I find out what TAN thinks is the Meta key
> > combination?
>
> in the default terminal on Ubuntu 12.10 'Alt' as curses meta key works
> for me. You could uncomment the print-statement in core/keys.lua
> (http://foicica.com/hg/textadept/file/e70a0b51f36b/core/keys.lua#l243)
> and check the output.
> Meta(alt)-c gives
> 99 nil false false true nil
> for me.
> So 'alt' is true. Printing this will make your curses window look
> weird of course.

First thing I noticed is that my line 243 looks different. I used the
following instructions to install [1]. Are they correct?

However, I found the same line on line 227 in my (older?) version of TAN
and uncommented it and after pressing alt-c I get:
in xterm: 27 nil false false false false
in terminal: 99 nil false false true false
in SecureCRT: nothing because SecureCRT intercepts alt-c

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Thanks,
Simon

[1]