Re: [code] how to find the meta key?

From: Simon <simonhf.att.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 12:16:08 -0700

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Simon <simonhf.att.gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Robert <rob.g.att.web.de> wrote:

> > > First thing I noticed is that my line 243 looks different. I used the
> > > following instructions to install [1]. Are they correct?
> >
> > Ah, I pointed to the latest hg version, sorry.
> > The installation instruction at the link point to 6.3, the current
> > version is 6.6 beta. Since you don't have any legacy customizations it
> > should be safe to use the latest version. (It's textadept-curses now,
> > as it works with other curses implementations as well.)
>
> Got it and am now playing with the latest version.
>
> > > However, I found the same line on line 227 in my (older?) version of
TAN and
> > > uncommented it and after pressing alt-c I get:
> > > in xterm: 27 nil false false false false
> > > in terminal: 99 nil false false true false
> >
> > So, 'terminal' looks correct at least... have you tried other key
> > combinations, like alt-n?
> > You can open multiple files, e.g.
> > textadept-curses FAQ.md CHANGELOG.md
> > in the directory where the binary is and then should be able to switch
> > between buffers with 'alt-n'.
>
> All works in terminal but not in xterm. And not in SecureCRT due to
SecureCRT snaffling the alt- key presses.

Okay. I got the Meta key to work in SecureCRT by following these
instructions [1]. I used the "Send escape for meta key" option.

Now the only problem is why home & end keys aren't working with
SecureCRT... and shift-arrow keys too... grrr...

--
Simon
[1] http://forums.vandyke.com/showthread.php?t=2765&highlight=meta