Re: [code] how to find the meta key?

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 17:23:23 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Simon,

On Fri, 17 May 2013, Simon wrote:

> [snip]
> Just out of interest I tried looking at the home, end debug output in
> terminal and SecureCRT and it doesn't look good for SecureCRT. So now I'm
> wondering why home & end work in vim in SecureCRT.

As I stated earlier, Vim uses termcap, not curses. Termcap is more low
level and seems to detect the correct keys.

I'm going to venture a guess that SecureCRT does not emit any escape
sequences Textadept (or any curses for that matter) recognizes -- only
low-level termcap sequences. I'm no console programmer though, and don't
know what to do about it other than use something that supports more
terminals.