[code] textadept-ncurse and tmux

From: Simon <simonhf.att.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 14:44:33 -0700

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
[snip]
>> 12. Although TAN doesn't have a split screen itself, would it be possible
>> to somehow get it to play nicely with e.g. tmux so that e.g. 10 files
open
>> would be 10 different instances of TAN in 10 different tmux windows? How
>> get TAN's open command to create a new tmux window with a new instance of
>> TAN automatically, and get the name of the window to be the name of the
>> file edited? I guess TAN's own copy and paste will not work between the
>> different TAN instances, or? How to get around this? Would it be easier
>> make separate TAN processes do IPC rather than implement window splitting
>> in TAN?
>
> Textadept cannot open new files in new instances unfortunately, GUI or
terminal.

It seems that to create a new tmux window running a new instance of
textadept-curses then the following line can be executed:

  tmux new-window -n <file name> 'textadept-curses <file name>'

Which will automatically create a new tmux window and name it after the
file. And in the new window, as soon as one quits the new textadept-curses
instance then the tmux window automatically disappears. I'm wondering
whether it makes sense to try and execute such a command after
textadept-curses has selected a file to open, instead of opening it...
probably this is just hacking the lua, or?

--
Simon