Re: [code][textadept] Feature requests

From: Bill Meahan <subscribed_lists.att.meahan.net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 16:56:19 -0400

On 05/20/2013 02:22 PM, Robert wrote:

> This request comes up every know and then, but I doubt that
> considerations of network speed might change Mitchell's mind :-)
> The slow dial-up lines of the 70's may be (mostly) gone, but now we
> have flaky mobile connections and tiny screens...
> The main problem is that tabs don't align well with split views and
> having buffers "open" in all views.
>
> Robert

SciTE does it quite well, actually. :)

Wrap is present in Emacs, Jed, Jove, ne, vim, gvim, cream for vim, TEA,
Kephra, SciTE and several others I've played
with over the last couple of months so if it is not universal, it is common.

There is a bunch of stuff for customizing SciTE in the ConTeXt
distribution. I would probably use it
but for some reason it will not accept arbitrary UTF-8 characters from
the keyboard. I need some accented
characters in my work as well as the UTF-8 typographic characters.
Textadept handles keyboard input of these
quite well.

The included file is the way Hans Hagen implements wrap, unwrap and
spellcheck in SciTE. It's Lua, too! I'd
try to integrate them myself but I'm not familiar enough with either Lua
or Textadept internals.

--
Bill Meahan
Westland, Michigan USA