Re: [code][textadept] Feature requests

From: Robert <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 20:28:52 +0200

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 10:56 PM, Bill Meahan
<subscribed_lists.att.meahan.net> wrote:
> On 05/20/2013 02:22 PM, Robert wrote:
>> The main problem is that tabs don't align well with split views and
>> having buffers "open" in all views.

> SciTE does it quite well, actually. :)

Do you mean the tabs? I'm sure that SciTE does it well, but I think
the main problem is that it doesn't make sense (and introduces lots of
complex code) to have split views (as Textadept does) and tabs at the
same time. One could have "sub-windows" with tabs, I think Sublime
Text has this layout possibility.

> Wrap is present in Emacs, Jed, Jove, ne, vim, gvim, cream for vim, TEA,
> Kephra, SciTE and several others I've played
> with over the last couple of months so if it is not universal, it is common.
>
> There is a bunch of stuff for customizing SciTE in the ConTeXt distribution.
[...]
> The included file is the way Hans Hagen implements wrap, unwrap and
> spellcheck in SciTE. It's Lua, too! I'd
> try to integrate them myself but I'm not familiar enough with either Lua or
> Textadept internals.

Thanks for the pointer to the ConTeXt module. Since they both use the
Scintilla API it should be rather straigtforward to port this over.
I'll look into it when I have some time.