[code] Re: Will it ever be possible to search by regular expression

From: LM <lmemsm.att.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 07:32:12 -0400

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:00 PM, <code+help.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> [1] http://code.google.com/p/re2/
>
> Thanks. Looks like it may have problems compiling on Win32 environments.
> I'm not sure I have the motivation to try and do this :(

There are at least 3 other regex libraries I know that work on Win32.
Here are some links:
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/regex.htm
http://sourceforge.net/p/mingw/regex/ci/master/tree/

I'm currently using pcre with various Open Source applications for
cross-platform regex functionality. It's available at:
http://www.pcre.org/
They've added jit support recently to increase speed for some of the areas
where it previously didn't perform as well as the re2 algorithm:
http://sljit.sourceforge.net/pcre.html
Also, see http://www.pcre.org/readme.txt for information on renaming
headers on Windows to support regex. The headers have different names by
default so they won't collide with regex headers on POSIX systems.

Sincerely,
Laura
http://www.distasis.com/cpp