Re: [code] [textadept] Officially Supported Add-ons?

From: Richard Philips <richard.philips.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 14:54:29 +0200

Hello Mitchell,

I have - for now :-) - three requests for which I am willing to pay
(by the way I am quite willing to pay for textadept itself, as long as it remains open source: it is such a pleasure to look at well written code)

(1) a counter
      Suppose I could initialise a counter by means of a dialog.
      The next command executed by Textadept decrements this counter and the command is repeated as long as the counter is positive (or there is an error of some kind)

(2) a system of keyboard macro's
      This feature together with (1) is a form of simple programming

(3) building of an AWK-like feature in Textadept
      This is quite difficult to explain.
      But I try anyway:
         - use Lua based pattern matching on each line
            This creates numbered (perhaps even named) captures
        - rebuild each line, using a template and these numbered captures

I have to admit, I will look into these myself (I think that I can handle (3). (1) and (2) are a lot more difficult)
If I accomplish anything, I give the code to you and you do with it whatever you want.

I go to OSCON this year and will be there during the whole week.
Do you go ? If so, the least I can do is buy you dinner!

Richard