[code] unexpected behavior when writing buffer.selection_mode

From: Benjamin Kober <k.o.b.e.r.att.web.de>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 13:44:26 +0200

Hi,

I'm working on a vim module for textadept
(https://github.com/lammermann/ta-vim).

For movements I would like to use buffer.selection_mode so that I don't
every mode while the movement is still the same.

When I tried it I stuck on several issues:

* |_SCINTILLA.constants.SC_SEL_LINES seems to be the same as character
selection
* ||_SCINTILLA.constants.SC_SEL_RECTANGLE moves the caret always to the
first line

Is this the right behavior? Is this variable meant as read-only?
Any ideas how I can change the selection_mode without defining it again
with every caret move?

Cheers, Benjamin