Re: [code] [textadept] view questions

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 10:29:34 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi Chris,

> [snip]
>
> Mitchell, would you support adding a "view.remove" API to remove the current
> view? While on the subject, what about a way of swapping two views?

A `view.remove()` function would need to know which view to switch to
after the fact. I am more comfortable with the current implementation: the
user moves to the view they want to keep open and closes the other one.

What do you mean by swapping two views? Swapping the buffers between two
views or swapping buffers *and* splits between views? I presume the latter
since the former is doable with scripts. I don't think it's too difficult,
but I'm not sure it's useful enough for inclusion in the C core.