Re: [code] [textadept] view questions

From: Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:01:27 +0100

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:29:34AM -0400, Mitchell wrote:
> A `view.remove()` function would need to know which view to switch
> to after the fact.

What about allowing view:remove() on a view which isn't current?

> I am more comfortable with the current implementation: the user moves to
> the view they want to keep open and closes the other one.

What about a multi-level split:

View A |View B

            +------------
            |View C

The user would like to remove view A but leave B/C as the top level split,
and I don't think it's currently possible.

> What do you mean by swapping two views? Swapping the buffers between
> two views or swapping buffers *and* splits between views? I presume
> the latter since the former is doable with scripts.

Actually I meant the former - fair enough, I guess I can use view.goto_buffer
for that, thanks.

Regards,

Chris