Re: [code] [textadept] Source Release Deprecation

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 22:40:20 -0400 (EDT)

Michael,

On Fri, 21 Jun 2013, Michael Richter wrote:

> I ... really don't understand what you just said here.

Sorry for the confusion :(

Right now releases comprise of binary and source archives. Previously,
running 'make' in a binary archive gave a 'files not found' error. The
solution was to download the source archive, which has those files, and
you'd be able to build Textadept from the source.

I've been working on a nightly build system, and as a result, Textadept's
Makefile can now pull in external dependencies like Scintilla, Lua,
LuaJIT, etc. In a future release, you will be able to run 'make deps'
followed by 'make' to build Textadept from the source -- regardless of
which archive you download. Therefore, the source release with its
Scintilla, Lua, LuaJIT, etc. is no longer required and I'll stop building
and distributing it.

Open source purists will also like this since the external dependencies
are pulled directly from their source if they don't want to trust my
distributions.

I hope that clears things up. I will try to be more thorough in the
future.