Re: [code] [textadept] Nightly Builds

From: Robert <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 10:54:53 +0200

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
> It's a nightly build at 11pm EDT.

That's great timing, a fresh build early in the morning for us in Europe...

I tried the nightly and had a minor issue with Textredux and lfs.dir.
(In the nightly lfs is at 1.6+, before it was at 1.5 something)
The latest lfs.dir version is
"more finicky" about the second argument of the iterator [1]

Before it worked with:
iter = lfs.dir(...)
for item in iter do ...

Now it requires to write
iter, dir_obj =lfs.dir(...)
for item in iter, dir_obj do ...

(I should probably change this to use Textadept's lfs.dir_foreach).

Anyway,
the nightly script downloads the latest 'master' of lfs, maybe it's
safer to pin this to a specific release or commit? You can get the
latest commit by SHA as

https://github.com/keplerproject/luafilesystem/archive/9c2679f9d78f773471f2a9e58d02d8d6b29a2aa1.zip

Unfortunately the last lfs releases have not been tagged, but this is
a good workaround, I think. The commit with the describtion 'Bump to
1.6.2' is
https://github.com/keplerproject/luafilesystem/archive/5e55437028cc03d79c5a3cddce0cf8aecd0de2be.zip

Robert

[1] http://www.tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2011-January/028402.html